You’re repurposing your podcast content on social media for marketing, but the reactions aren't quite up to par. You're left wondering, "Is my recycling game weak, or do I need to whip up something new entirely?"
We're about to jump into the repurposing scene and show you how to make it work in your favor.
In this blog, you'll get the lowdown on:
Repurposing isn't just about rehashing old content. It's about presenting your content in a new light, reaching a wider audience, and getting the most out of each episode.
A survey from ReferralRock showed that a whopping 94% of marketers are repurposing their content, and the remaining 6% plan to include it in their marketing strategy in the future.
That just goes to show how big a deal repurposing is in the world of content marketing. But how do you do it effectively?
Soundbites are not exactly audiograms, but they're close. Think of them as mini audio clips, usually around 30 seconds to a minute long, that give a taste of your larger content.
They're like the movie trailer for your podcast episode.
Why should you care about soundbites? Repurposing podcast episodes into smaller video clips almost always works because of its potential for virality on social media. This is backed by a report by Pacific Content that says successful podcasts are more likely to include trailers. In fact, 39.75% of the top 400 podcasts in the US have trailers.
Here are 3 tips to creating soundbites:
This might sound counterintuitive for a podcaster, but text-based content can be a powerful way to repurpose your podcast.
Here's a twist: infographics are the way to go. Yep, those data-packed graphics that marketers can't get enough of. According to a survey, 42% says infographics generate higher engagement.
So, how can you add infographics to your podcast repurposing strategy? Let's break it down:
As interesting as your podcast might be, there will always be a segment of your audience that leans towards visual content over listening or reading.
Turning your podcast into a video isn't just about catering to different learning styles. It's also about making your brand more memorable.
Here's a fun fact: mixing your message with visuals can supercharge your audience's memory of your brand by an impressive 65%. By giving your podcast a video upgrade, you're not just reaching new audiences, you're also making your brand stickier in their minds.
So, how can you ride the video wave? Here's 3 tips to get you started:
Start by creating short video clips from your podcast episodes. Here's 3 different editing styles you can use, and how to go about each.
Making your videos visually engaging is key. Use high-quality images, add subtitles, and write a compelling caption.
Sharing your videos on various platforms can help you reach a wider audience. Here's 3 platforms to do it in:
Now, all these strategies might sound like a lot of work. And they can be, if you're doing everything manually. But here's the good news: there's a tool that can make your repurposing journey a whole lot easier.
Deciphr AI is an AI-powered tool that can transcribe your podcast episodes, create soundbites, and even generate video clips. There are free and paid plans that help podcasters scale their content production with ease. It is also capable of repurposing content into various formats, allowing thought leaders to create entire content suites.
Remember, whether it's fresh or repurposed content, the most important thing is that it provides value to your audience. As long as you're doing that, you're on the right track.
Don't miss out on the latest and greatest from Deciphr.